Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 4500 TLB

sbybee ยท 2012-11-02 22:30

Just got a tractor repair manual today. Very nice, covers transmission and loader/backhoe. Read up on possible causes for no forward or reverse and wound up with more questions than answers of course. I was hoping to get lucky and just have the drive line disengagement lever got moved but I can't find a lever on my tractor. Then I read about a line pressure test that I could do and took a flashlight down to look for access opening in bottom of trans case like the book shows and again nothing! I'm in over my head again, but if I was able to change a clutch in an old D2 I guess I'll muddle through. If anybody knows of somebody to talk to familiar with power reversing 4500 I would appreciate it. thanx steve

Replies2
  1. #1FRISKY2012-11-07 05:21

    Did you find a good deal on the repair manual? I need to get one for my 4500 (gasoline).

  2. #2sbybee2012-11-08 20:44

    I thought so. It is a tractor repair manual, hard binder, and covers everthing but the engines. I paid 99 dollars on ebay. there a discs that have the info for less but I like paper. Still haven't got mine moving yet but I have some things to try this weekend. good luck steve