Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 545 Power Steering Leaks?

oldforgepower ยท 2013-09-05 14:15

We recently resurrected an old Ford 545 that sat for quite a few years -- as things heat up, it's got a pretty decent power steering/trans cooler leak coming from somewhere under the radiator. The gallon of ATF next to the seat makes me think it was occurring long before the machine was parked, but I can't be sure. I can't really find a good diagram online of what's going on under the radiator -- I would think I'm looking at the transmission cooler (This is a 545 with a 4 speed reverser transmission), but it's ATF from the power steering system -- I see no sign of any connection to the transmission which I filled with UTF. Has anyone seen this before -- is there a common leak or break that occurs under there? The space under the rad is very tight and it looks like it's going to be a pain to get in there. I'm not opposed to fixing it, but we use the machine quite a bit and I don't want to let it sit idle for a long time while we wait for parts, etc. Any help is appreciated -- Thanks!

Replies0

No replies yet.