I'm new here and need a little help, I just picked up an early 80s 555 and my seals went on the hydraulic pump. Where can I get a new one or this one repaired? Also where's a good place to get parts for it? Thank you
ebay sometimes has ford hyd pumps and other parts NAPA could for old ford filters and some other parts,,,,,i have complete wiring diagrams if needed
I appreciate the help.
Stupid question I don't have a service manual yet but I assume the main hyd pump is the pump connected to a driveshaft under the hyd fluid tank in front of the radiator?
Just a tidbit...Unless things have changed in the last six months, any good New Holland dealer can still source Ford parts.
Ok I got the front end apart where I can see the pump, I can't find any leaks, is there a check valve or something I need to look for, I was digging out a stump and the front end just started puking hyd fluid.
when fluid comes out most times can about tell where?? it may been overfilled with hyd fluid fluid level needs to checked with all cyl. rods closed that means rods to be pulled back into cyl housing, the adjust fluid level the marks of dip stick which attached to fill cap.. if rods are extend out and fill to level mark the it would be overfilled and would puke out YOU DIDNT SAY IF IT QUIT WORKING GL
No sir it didn't quit working, just leaking like a siv, thank you for the proper procedure on filling it