Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 555 backhoe wont move

3steps56 ยท 2013-07-08 01:39

I am looking at 555 ford backhoe has rebuilt engine,new radiator and many other new parts. But pump pressure on shuttle transmission indicates it may need a new pump. Anybody got any ideas about the transmission problem. The man wants 4000.00 for it. Should I try it or pass on it. It will cost me about 500.00 to haul it home plus one very long day trip possibly two days to get it home. If I get and get it fixed how would it compair to a case 580B CK?

Replies1
  1. #1El Hombre2013-07-08 15:08

    Talk to local Ford dealer and what they have to say about cost. And what else could be wrong to give those symptoms. I've used a 555, it does the job. Lots more Case fans around here, tho. Ford parts tend to be cheaper in price than about any other hoe.