Hi all I'm having some trouble with my ford 655A, had a bad injection pump, got a rebuilt one, installed it, was working fine, but shortly began having problems. I removed it and sent it back in, and the rebuilder confirmed a problem with the pump, repaired it, and sent it back to me. I now have installed it for the second time, but I cannot seem to get it to run and fear I may have messed up the timing. I feel I need to start from square one and re-time the pump but I'm having trouble finding the information on how to do this, does anyone have the manual, or know how to do this? I'm not sure where you check to see that the motor is exactly where it needs to be on TDC up on number one cyl, and how to make sure the pump is timed correctly. I have found a dot on the gear on the motor which meshes with the pump gear, but I'm not sure if this is the correct mark. It is a Lucas (CAV/minimec) inline injection pump. Thanks in advance for your help, I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this thing to run!! Mike
The information on this website may be some help. http://www.ssbtractor.com/wwwboard/view_all.cgi?bd=ford&msg=16500