Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 655D Solenoid

Alberta Blue ยท 2021-09-03 17:54

I ended up buying the backhoe and it has been great. I do have a small issue though. The reverse solenoid works intermittently. I checked with New Holland and found it is discontinued. I may have found one in Louisiana. It is pricey. Can solenoids be rebuilt? The part no is K3660224151 Thanks for looking

Replies3
  1. #1NH575E2021-09-03 19:56

    Have you looked on the solenoid itself for a manufacturer name and part number? Another thought on yours is it could just be a broken wire making and breaking contact. Check the connection and wires and look for rodent damage. I had to replace the 4WD solenoid coil on my 575E. It was also discontinued. I think it was available as a complete solenoid for $500+. Took some investigative work but i ended up fixing my issue for less than $20. The manufacturer had my exact plug and play coil for a little over a hundred bucks. The one I bought for less than $20 just had bare wires. All I had to do was splice my connector onto the new coil. HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2Swetz2021-09-04 07:45

    If you can fix it as NH575E suggests, good. If not, here is a place that says it is in stock. I have purchased from them in the past with good results. https://www.brokentractor.com/p/ford-backhoe-transmission-solenoid-k3660224151-k3660224151/

  3. #3Alberta Blue2021-09-06 10:51

    Thanks. its good to know an outfit is legit...