Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford 7500 Ground Drive

Kent Thoreson ยท 2018-03-08 23:12

I recently purchased a Ford 7500 and it turns out the ground drive on it is basically shot. It struggles to drive up a slight incline. I believe the machine is hydrostatically driven, so i am curious what it takes to remove the ground drive pump and motor(s?), and if i can still get ahold of seal kits for these to have them rebuilt. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Delmer2018-03-09 00:35

    What makes you think it's hydrostatic instead of a torque converter with a reverser and gear transmission? If Ford made a hydrostatic trans that would be new to me. Get a service manual, and operators manual.

  2. #2Kent Thoreson2018-03-09 06:43

    You're right, my bad. It is a mechanical transmission. I ordered a service manual. Any experience with these machines and what might cause this issue?

  3. #3Ronsii2018-03-09 09:32

    Make sure the torque converter has plenty of fluid.... and the correct type of fluid.