I just picked up a used Ford (New Holland) A-62. Build date 9M06B have not been able to decipher build date. Chassis stamp on frame almost looks like 1983 but I was thinking the “9” in the build date meant 1979. It’s been sitting for 8-10 years but fires up and hydraulics work. I am new to heavy equipment wrenching. I make my living as a crew chief in the World Superbike Championship working for a Supersport team. In winter I have a snowmobile shop in Truckee, Ca. I’m going to have to buy some bigger torque wrenches! Going to change oil and filter for engine with 5-40 Synthetic (temps here go from 10 degrees to 100 degrees at 6000’) Thinking I should swap out hydraulic fluid, brake oil, and tranny fluid. Searched around and found conflicting info on old fluid part numbers and types. Looks like New Holland is now recommending same hydraulic/ trans oil in hydraulics/ brake/ transmissions what about axles? Brake oil looks like it is mineral based (non-glycol) anything else I need to be aware of? Reservoir/master is definitely below the threads of the cap. Also read that the fluid can leak into axles?.... what should I be looking for? Going to use this loader for snow removal— need to find chains for it. Any suggestions or what to look out for? I have the operators manual, tranny service manual and am waiting for the service manual to arrive. Any other tips/tricks/ warnings/ advice appreciated. Not afraid to admit I know nothing about this thing. Thanks in advance, Murph
No replies yet.