I have a new alternator that I do not know how to wiring and the harness is missing. It is in a 2.5 ford RAnger year 2001. On the alternator is the large charge wire, then another connector not labled and there is 3 connectors on the voltage regulator labeled A S and I. Here is link to the alternator. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-2004-F...4706&clkid=6686219815571929589&_qi=RTM2247625
Ford 3G alternator. 75amp on the low side, 130 amp for the high, generally speaking. By 2001 it was probably 95 or 130amp.[if the ebay alternator, 95amp] Big one I hope is self explanatory, Bat terminal, output stud. I goes to a switched ignition source via the idiot light/500ohm reistor. S is the stator wire, it jumps to the small square single connector on the side of the alternator. A jumps to the bat terminal (12v constant). Nice alternator for retrofits as well with lots of low rpm output. Small case units [physically] drop into place in passenger car 1G & 2G applications, and the large case 3G is a [physical] drop in for the 100amp externally regulated applications. Naturally some wiring will need to be addressed. I had a 130 amp large case unit, it put out 97amps at idle, and managed to spit out 165amps when loaded down. Seriously thinking about retrofitting a small case unit into my 81 GMC just to get decent idle output. Alex.