Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford Backhoe

gammer ยท 2010-12-27 20:38

Hi guys! new to the site. I recently purchased a Ford Backhoe I do not know the year to get parts or manual:Banghead. It needs alot of TLC, If someone could help it would greatly appreciated. the pics are too large to upload Tractor # Serial C382986 Model # D5011F

Replies9
  1. #1daman2010-12-30 12:45

    Shrink the pics and post them we need to see..

  2. #2Mikefromcny2010-12-30 19:22

    Yes us ford TLB guys need to see pics!:yup:yup Did a quick search, sounds like a 4500.

  3. #3Mikefromcny2010-12-30 19:27

    I think the "unit" number is needed to determine the year.

  4. #4livetolearn2012-05-21 17:15

    Your ford backhoe is a 4500 diesel, no PTO, trans (F) is 4/4 T-C Power Reversing, built at Highland Park. D5011F D= 4500, 50 = Industrial, 1 = diesel, 1= no PTO and F is the trans. Look on the block housing 6-8 inches below the right edge of you fuel tank for the production code. It will likely say something like this, 1-3(year), A-M( month),01-31(day), A-C (shift). Good luck with your machine.

  5. #5livetolearn2012-05-21 17:30

    I looked up your serial number, your machine was likely built in the second half of 1973.

  6. #6thewhip482013-09-13 03:22

    hi, enjoying all your knowledge. I am new to the game and have the same Model D5011F, Tractor Number C213114, Unit 8H16B, Engine 8F21a. I believe it is a 4cyl Diesel, not sure of year. I am having power issues, sometimes it wont go forward or reverse. I filled the filler at my feet with Hydraulic fluid, not sure if suppose to fill all the way to top, then I can drive forward and reverse again, but still not really enough power to plow, back blade, although when parked the hoe works great for its age, a little quick, wobbly on the levers, but a lot of that is me, lol. I have used 5 gallons of fluid in a couple of hours. it is leaking around the top outer seal, and now coming out heavy at base of gear shifter. Any ideas what to do. I am confident it must be a 4500 from your info, so would you know where I could get a repair manual and parts/ thanks

  7. #7thewhip482013-09-13 03:26

    let me know how you make out. I just purchased one as well. Alberta, Canada. Jeff [email protected]

  8. #8mitch5042013-09-13 19:45

    If you filled the transmission all the way to the top, there's the reason for your leak. There is a small pipe plug about halfway down on the side that is your oil level.

  9. #9thewhip482013-09-17 01:06

    Thanks, I didn't fill to top, but definitely over filled. is there something I can do for easier starting as I have had to get help the last two times and had to bleed the injectors. Can I add something to clean or?? My engine, is a 3 cylinder diesel, so what is the motor size??