Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford DW1140C with front loader

Phil P · 2021-01-28 14:30

Hello all This is a little smaller than the stuff I normally come here with. This little Ford tractor Model DW114C the rest I will post as a copy of the data tag. The splined drive shaft has striped its splines and I would like to know if anyone here has changed one of these without removing the loader attachment. Thank Phi P

Replies6
  1. #1Sportsman7622021-01-28 18:23

    The DW114C is a Ford 532 Tractor. No one uses the dataplate model #. The parts diagrams are available on mycnhistore.com. I believe that you have a 730 loader. I believe you can remove the front shield in the center of the loader frame in the front, then remove the front sheetmetal and after that you can pull the pump out. The shaft should be able to be pulled out from the front.

  2. #2stinky642021-01-29 02:04

    Phil, if you're talking about a front mounted loader pump, the splined drive part is about $40 bucks last time I replaced one on my Ford 850...4 bolts , mounts to the crank pulley..had to remove brush guard, but not the loader...just need to remove pump from spline and be able to get at the front of engine..Also replaced the one on 580c when I replaced hyd. pump, think that one was about the same price...Just follow the spline drive centering procedure so everything runs true and nothing prematurely fails... After looking at the last picture of the 3 point hitch and pto I hope you were talking about the other end of the tractor....If we are talking about the same end of the tractor, if you need to replace any belts now is the time to do it while the pump is off the front of engine...

  3. #3Phil P2021-01-29 05:34

    Hi Unfortunately because of the sun being 1/3 of the way back from the front of the tractor I couldn’t get a good picture of the front of the tractor. I will get pictures today that are better. I don’t think the brush guard is removable on this front loader this may not be the way it was OEM but is now I am sure I will have to move the loader attachment forward and it looks like the pump will come with it. I will post the pictures I get this morning so you all can see what I am talking about. Thanks for the information. Phil P

  4. #4Phil P2021-01-29 10:00

    Ok here are more are some more pictures Before everyone get excited about this bucket being way above my head the first picture is of the safety bars holding the bucket up. Next looking at the brush guard it looks like the notches in the bars are so the pump can be removed. So I am going to try that first. Phil P

  5. #5stinky642021-01-29 14:30

    Take that top bar off the brush guard, then remove the grille, you should have access to the mounting bolts..Don't know why we got a picture of the loader arms up in the air? How about a close-up of the pump area from the front..It looks like that's exactly what the notches are for, enough room for the pump to slide forward out of the coupler...

  6. #6Phil P2021-01-30 07:55

    Hi None of the brush guard is removable without removing the entire attachment. As I said before I am sure that brush guard is not OEM it is welded to the loader frame. There was only one coupling available from the local to me dealer so I change the one that looked to be in the poorest condition and that was the one at the pump so no need to access the front of the engine. My post was clear as to why the first picture if I had not posted that I would have a dozen posts about the danger of working on that without some safety device to hold the bucket up. If you look close you can see the bars used to prevent the bucket from coming down. I thank all of you for your recommendations and the job was finished just before dark last night and the machine will be transported a little over a 100 miles to the new location today.