Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford H 48

wrwtexan ยท 2014-07-29 00:16

I have (maybe to my detriment) taken on a Ford H 48 which has one of the two main pumps only building 500 psi. New Holland's parts page doesn't explode the pump so I can't tell if it has variable piston pumps or just what. I have searched HEF and only found a background info post, but has anyone had any experience on these machines or specifically this area of the machine? I have found manuals available, but don't want to fork over the cash unless I can forsee it being a viable repair job.

Replies1
  1. #1lantraxco2014-07-29 00:43

    Old brochure I found says "Variable flow piston pumps" but it's just the cover, don't know what the pressure and flow would be. European built I think, so my guess would be Poclain pumps, or maybe Rexroth, but really could be anything.