Hi everyone, I'm from Polish, and I have a problem with the Zamboni machine thoroughly with the Ford Motor Power Industrial LSG423 (lsg-423), I am looking for parts for the engine type: bushings, rings, head gasket. Do not you know that fit this engine parts such as Ford Galaxy or another car ?? Thx for a help Best Lukas
Welcome Lukas, this same engine was used in a lot of north american cars & small trucks from 1974 to about 1994. Check Ford Pinto 1974 to 1980, Ford Mustang 1974 to 1993, Ford Fairmont , and Ford Ranger. All with the 2.3 liter OHC engine. Ford also sold 2.3 HSC engines but they were not Over Head Cam and not the same series. Later model engines in the Mustangs and Rangers came with 2 spark plugs per cylinder, you'll want to stay away from them. There was also a change in the mid 80's when the timing belts & gears went from square tooth to round tooth cogs. That would be a good way to determine what year your LSG423 is patterned after.
Off, thx a lot for a help that is good way to start repair ) Once again thanks for a help you have from a bottle of polish vodka
There was also a turbo-charged version of this same 2.3 litre engine used in Ford Thunderbirds from 84 to 88, making about 170 to 190 HP, if you're in a big hurry to get that rink cleaned off.
Oki doki thx
Know this is a very old post. But I have a case skidsteer 1830 that someone put a LSG423 in. Trying to do a tune up on it last time dist cap was replaced was 2001. Would I be able to use auto part store parts like 83 ranger or 80 pinto 2.3L cap/rotor ??
Worth a try, take your old parts with you to make sure they are the same. Many of the industrial parts are no different than automotive. I would also go to a good "old school" auto parts store. Ed
Thank you. I brought my old cap and rotor with me to work. I have a friend that’s real old school and knowledgeable that manages an auto parts store. From what I looked up 80 pinto, mustang and 83 ranger look the same but unfortunately his store is out of stock. Hopefully I can find someone decent at one of the sister stores…
Just checked, my damned IR compressor has the same pinto motor. So you are on the right path. Sadly, I don't have reciepts for the cap & rotor. Just for safety's sake you might want to replace the timing belt, cheap insurance. Get it for the same car the cap fits. Ed
I bought parts for a 83 ranger and they were exactly the same. I did check the timing belt. I’m going to do that this winter. I noticed someone has the distributor in wrong, #1 is in the wrong position. Took me a couple times of moving the wires around to get it to start. So I’ll fix that when I do the timing belt.
On timing belts, there was an early with square teeth, and a later with rounded teeth. That's the only thing to watch for.
I have a condor manlift with LRG423 which from other forum I read is the stroked version of the LSG. It has pointless distributor# D9JE-12127-BA. I am looking for a replacement, bushings or vac advance plate is worn the lobes on the rotor are eating into the fixed trigger portion. Does anyone know of a source to purchase a replacement or conversion. Thank you
The LRG423 was a 2300cc engine based on the engine commonly in various Ford cars thru the 70's and 80's. See the list of vehicles in the posts above. Everything built 1975 and later was electronic ignition. (no points) The distributor from any one of those engines should work for you. Jobber stores like NAPA even sell rebuilt units. The bigger engine you mention was the LRG425, which was a 2500cc, and I've never seen one of them with distributor ignition.
I think they could have a distributor on a 2.5 or DIS on a 2.3 but it would be rare either way.