Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford LTA9000 aeromax headlights

crane operator ยท 2026-03-23 22:04

I bought a new headlight for one side of our 1995 ford lta9000 aeromax a couple years ago. I wanted to replace the other side because the lens is cloudy. I remember the other one was a old stock that someone had, but now I can't find new/ old stock, or aftermarket anywhere for the other side. There's a guy down in arkansas with a whole hood for $250, and its got the lights in it, I'm thinking about buying it just so I have a extra headlight. Anyone else got a source for headlights? Its really a pretty good truck, but if I loose a headlight, we're going to be sunk.

Replies16
  1. #1crane operator2026-03-23 22:06

    This is our hood and headlights.

  2. #2pushbroom2026-03-24 02:01

    I tried looking for a headlight and mount bracket last year for a customer and could get an OEM one through freightliner for 600 or 700cad. Customer didnt like the price so I never ordered it

  3. #3Truck Shop2026-03-24 04:03

    Try going after it with some tooth paste and sponge, may or may not help.

  4. #4crane operator2026-03-24 07:45

    I had to replace the left one after a windstorm flopped a feed truck onto it. We fixed the fender. I guess I'm just a little worried that I'll lose one to a forklift or something, and wanting to figure out my options early on. I'm pretty sure the one I bought was close to $600. Which is probably why I didn't buy a matching set. And now here I am. Worried about something that may never happen.

  5. #5Old Doug2026-03-24 08:21

    Have you tried Midway Ford? It might be really expensive.

  6. #6HarleyHappy2026-03-24 08:38

    Try Amazon. China lights work too. Lol

  7. #7Deere500a2026-03-24 11:49

    Would a 92/93 Ford e250 van work it looks close?

  8. #8Deere500a2026-03-24 11:58
  9. #9crane operator2026-03-24 13:02

    The van ones are too flat. I don't think these are used in anything else. I guess if push came to shove, I could fiberglass in a different opening in the fender to match something else, but it's not going to look right. I've seen no aftermarket Chinese ones.

  10. #10Truck Shop2026-03-24 17:05

    I have a yard checking, they had 3 Areomax, but they're getting fairly picked over.

  11. #11crane operator2026-03-24 18:27

    I'm talking to a guy that the whole front end, from fuel tanks forward. I may buy the whole thing, so I have doors, hood, lights, fuel tanks, the whole cab, and steering axle/ box. Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.

  12. #12crane operator2026-03-24 19:09

    After looking at some different pictures this afternoon, there are some econoline headlights that match, but the turn signal part of the wrap around doesn't . The one's that match have the angled front inside corner. I bet they took the turn signal part from something else, and matched them up. More study and maybe a junkyard trip. Thanks for the suggestion @Deere500a

  13. #13Deere500a2026-03-24 20:04

    90 f150 lights are a mix of van & pu in appearance .

  14. #14Water trucker2026-08-31 21:44

    Do you remember what dealer it was? I talked to a couple other freightliner dealers and they were having trouble finding one so hoping the place you use still has one.

  15. #15pushbroom2026-09-01 02:14

    It wasnt at my local dealer, it was just able to order from a daimler warehouse somewhere

  16. #16Water trucker2026-09-21 01:03

    Oh ok thank you.