I have been working on this truck in my spare time for a year. New paint on the box and buff the cab. New smaller fuel tanks and a lot of other things. FWD
I had some things to learn on getting pics on here and finally got one on any way. The truck was bought in New Hampshire without seeing it, other than pics. Much was wrong with it. They said it was being used, but how is beyond me. There are still a few small issues and then I'll haul a load. I have only driven it about 6 miles empty since I got it. It has a Cat 3406E with an 18 speed Fuller and 4.56 rear (46K) running on 11R24.5 rubber and 315/80R22.5 rubber in the front. The box is a 16' Bibeau in fairly good condition. The truck has not been used since 20009. FWD
That's a nice rig FWD, one of my favorite cab interiors in the Ford Louisville cab, loved driving those trucks.
I've got a whole lot of miles in an LT9000, the visibility and dash layout were the best of any truck I've driven. Good luck with it!!
I guess I should have added that it is a 1995 truck. I have had quite a few Fords. Am also running a 1990 LT 9000 with a 3406 B 350 horsepower and an 8LL tranny with 40 rears 4.88 ratio on 11 R22.5 rubber and 315/80 R22.5 front rubber. I'll have to get some photos of it too. It isn't in bad shape for a 1990. FWD
The last photo is one that I got from the people I got the truck from last year. FWD
Nice job FWD I love them old Ford's. Kyle
Nice Truck. I own a 1994 and its been an outstanding truck........
hi, i'm new member and i can't post new thread. why ? i have isuzu elf nkr71 is it a good dumptruck comparing to mistubishi colt diesel 125 ps toyota dyna 125 ps all of them are 6 wheels trucks , i dont know it's medium or light type i assume 6 wheels are medium type and btw 125 ps is the type here in Indonesia i dont know what is it called internationally isuzu elf NKR 71 is the international name, but it's still 125 PS here in indonesia they're all the same type 125 ps which one is better ? isuzu elf nkr 71 mitsubishi colt diesel toyota dyna sorry i'm new here thanks for your reply appreciate it
I read the specs. on that L9000 you have and thought someone stole my truck. I have almost the same truck just that my bed is in BAD shape.
Awesome Ford dumptruck. This one could quickly be changed into a great day cab tractor!
It was a tractor when it was new (95). The piping is behind the cab. The box was new in late 2001 according to the box identification tag. I have a pintle hitch on the truck so I needed the tractor kit for my brakes on my tag along equipment trailer. The truck was not used since 2009. It had a New Hampshire vehicle inspection sticker for 2009. When I got the truck I started checking things. First thing I saw was manual slack adjusters on it, it's a 95, it should have automatics. I checked with my dealer and the truck came new with automatic adjusting slack adjusters. Camshafts were all loose. Someone had put some brakes in not long ago, but there were missing dust guards with cams and bushings bad I ended up with all new brakes. Whoever had it, either didn't know what they were doing or didn't care. What I don't understand is, how did it pass inspection in 2009. Well it's much better now. Still have a few small issues to figure out. Been using it a little, it really runs good, pulls a 10 yd load of gravel about like the truck is empty. FWD
Hi Chinese tycoon, you can't post a new thread until you have posted three messages and we know you are not on the forum to do bad things. In East Timor a 125PS (horse power HP) truck would be medium but in Australia it would be a light truck. Iszuzu, Mitsubishi or Toyota? I have a 150HP(PS) Mitsubishi and it is good but Isuzu and Toyota make good trucks too.
Hi fwd great truck. I have an lnt 9000 1982 model but it has a lot of rust in the cab and I would like to know if someone an tell me if a 1994 or 1996 model cabs were the same size and shape . All the running gear if in real good condition so just a cab change would get the old girl on the road again.
Loved the pics of your Ford so much I had to buy one of my own. Actually I came up with this one off a auction a couple weeks ago, and to be honest, I thought I was going to bring it home, part it out for motor, trans, and rears, and scrap the rest. I drove about four hours north of my place, looked the truck over a little (I purchased it online from pictures) and drove it home. Its a Cummins 350 with a 13sp trans. I'm not sure what rears are in it- they must be like a 3.73 or 4.11 or so b/c I hit close to 70 on the way home. Its a spring suspension over a walking beam, and when I left the quarry where I picked it up, I thought it was going to take out all my teeth it rode so rough. I think the tires were flat spotted from sitting, and the rubber bushings in the walking beam were froze up. About 30 miles down the road, it started to free up and ride smoother. The closer I got to home, the better it rode. That's when I got close to 70 down a good hill, in the flats it would run a smooth 60-65. It ran so good on the way home, I hate to start cutting it up for parts. Its double framed, and has had several different set ups in its life. Its got air hook ups behind the cab, so it once had a 5th wheel. It was also a dump, its got a tower in the cab and brackets on the rear. This last set up as a winch truck has been on it a little while though, and I actually think the truck hasn't seen a lot of miles. The odometer reads 222,000 and I don't think its rolled the million mark. It looked to me like it was just the quarrys fix up, rescue, and drag stuff around winch truck. It was recently plated and inspected also. I love your aluminum steers and how nice your dump looks, I don't know if that will be in this trucks future.
If your truck has a RTO-14613 (a 13spd overdrive, real common) and 4.11 rears, it would go just a little over 70MPH at 2100 RPM. A 3.73 would be a little faster. If you had a RT-14613 (no over drive) it would need a higher speed (lower number) ratio to get up to 70MPH. You have a good looking truck. What year is it? I see you have 6 spoke wheels on the front, that usually means a 16, 18, or 20K front axle. Usually the older trucks had wege brakes on the front. The shoes aren't a problem, the hardware kits are spendy. I did brakes on the front of my 90 LT9000 last year. The 95 in my pics has S cam brakes, they are easier to work with and more common. Good luck with your truck! FWD
Is it easy to get Ford related parts for those trucks? I had a LTL9000 and sold it because it was hard to get the Ford related parts like switches and body parts. Ford L series trucks do not seem to be that popular out here even though I liked my truck.
ltl 9000 Have a question. You sound like you can help. Have a 1988 ltl 9000 but front rotor cracked. Can't find any to replace. Can you help?
FWD.... that Bibeau box looks to be the heated version or am I wrong?
Grandpa, It is a heated box, but is not hooked up now. I bought the truck from a place in New Hampshire and had it hauled back to Minnesota. It had been hooked up but we did exhaust work and didn't re do things as it doesn't go out when it's cold. FWD Jason, Are you referring to a brake rotor? If so, they weren't very common on Fords. Most of them had wedge brakes which are a pain and parts are high$$.. I have a 1990 LT9000 that I replaced a front axle on and the axle was all set up for drum cam brakes which the newer Ford's have. 1990 must have been one of the last years for wedge brakes. The only problem I had was that I had to get two steering gears to go with that axle. I got all the parts from Thompson Motors in Wykoff, Mn. FWD
We had a 1989 L8000 I am pretty sure had normal cam brakes. Last wedge brakes I saw was from the late 70s/early 80s on Ford C series but who knows....
I had a 1995 freightliner with factory wedge brakes! Absolutely terrible brakes.