Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford Torqshift

Old Doug ยท 2019-07-28 11:26

Has anyone ever worked on one. This one gos into limp mode. You start it and it shifts one time and stays in that gear until you shut it off and restart it. If you start it and manualy shift it it will go through the gears. I have tested the silionds and replaced the range selector and the speed sinsor.

Replies7
  1. #1mikebramel2019-07-28 12:42

    What are the codes

  2. #2Old Doug2019-07-28 16:58

    There are no codes.

  3. #3Old Doug2019-07-30 21:39

    I drove it today starting out in towmode it shifted ok so i stopped and turned the TM off it shifted agin but it done some funny down shifting maybe i am geting some were or maybe it will burn to the ground and they will buy a truck i can fix.

  4. #4td25c2019-07-30 22:09

    First look I thought Doug was working on a " Select -O- speed " Ford tractor . http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/2/6/262-ford-4000-transmission.html Sorry .. Carry on .

  5. #5RZucker2019-07-30 22:26

    Heh. I remember those.

  6. #6Old Doug2019-08-01 21:23

    I wish it was a select o speed i have worked on one before. I went to check the presser today and rememberd it has a pto in the way of the plug were you check it then i looked at it and found the pto uses the that port to run the pto. I dont know if it has any thing to do with it but the pto light flashes some times. So if i can i will unhook the line check the presser and plug it off and drive it some. The worst thing about a select o speed was alot of guys got run over thinging it was in park and geting off.

  7. #7Old Doug2019-08-04 19:33

    I put a presser gauge on it and found in park it gos to 50psi like it should but bouces down to high 30s then back up. But i havent found out what this means. Then in gear with brake on it gos up to close to 300 but never over like most do.