Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford VSG-411 and Ford Escort

stone7 ยท 2017-10-21 19:13

So, I found an engine manual for the Ford VSG-411 and when you google the part number for the ignition wires, you get some Ford Escort hits. Does anyone know if a specific, particular, Ford Escort has the same parts as the Ford VSG-411 ? I have the Ford VSG-411 with the distributorless ignition system, and so far those wires have been hard to find. Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1Birken Vogt2017-10-21 20:11

    I have a lot of these in service and found they don't really have a counterpart for a US car. Only European. I have somebody who did plug wires with something from an auto parts store but was not able to get any good numbers off boxes or whatever. Call Powertech engines in Fresno, they are the experts on these things.

  2. #2stone72017-10-21 22:57

    Distributorless Ignition System Thanks Birken, do you know which Distributorless Ignition System is the VSG-411? EDIS 4, 6 ,or 8? That would be helpful, if you choose to be helpful.

  3. #3Birken Vogt2017-10-21 23:50

    I see lots of ignition, etc. parts on these that look similar to car engine parts but the part numbers are different are not found in cross references. After a lot of wasted time and heartache, I just get OE parts if necessary.

  4. #4doghead2017-11-18 08:35

    Try looking up parts for a Toro Groundsmaster 345. I have one with the same engine and ignition system. You need to find a commercial toro dealer.