Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Forklift moves plant equipment

oceanobob ยท 2019-07-13 23:00

Had to relocate some plant equipment from one building to the next one around the corner. Rented a 25k capacity forklift and it had some nice thick forks that were 8 feet long. Very cool feature is the fingertip controls (very short levers). Curiously, the capacity label plate was for the load CG at 2' off the carriage. We had to ask for a revised chart showing capacity vs load centered on various length forks, as this load was about 7' o/a. Pic shows the machine parked inside the building next to a typical warehouse (pallet) forklift. Other pics show machine with load.

Replies1
  1. #1Ronsii2019-07-14 00:56

    Nice!!!, you gotta love some of that new stuff with the fingertip actuators I seem to recall that most all the hyster books I've seen always list loads at 2 feet... I figured it was because 4 foot forks were more or less a 'standard' to go by.