I need to pull a 7,000lb Tractor up slopes up to 1 1/2. I know their is a formula just can't find it. I'm on site now attacking it with weed eaters for now. Thanks
Weight, slope, speed, and soil conditions (drag on tires) dictates the drawbar hp required. From there you can look at carriers that provide that. Deduct for what tractive effort can provide.
7k isn't that heavy, a 8-10 ton dozer should be plenty with operators that have done it before. Also it would be best to use a winch with power out as well as power in for lowering stuff, if you go thru the brake to let stuff down, things can get bad quick when the brake overheats, usually its just a little band brake. More critical would be that the farm tractor your pulling up the slope is conditioned for it. Some ag tractors like ih's 66 series will need overfilled on the hydraulic / tranny so to keep the pto running, along will making sure the engine design can handle slopes like that.