Just paid thousands of $ for having this done on my Michigan/Clark 55bg loader. It was however complete destroyed with about 1 inch gap t the pin !
Please post more photos as the the repair progresses. Your thread jogged my memory of another similar line-boring job. It was done by a member in Australia. His username is Ando. Sadly he hasn't posted in a long time. He didn't weld the damaged bore. Instead he bored the swing-tower and then made a bushing with an inside diameter that an OEM bushing could be pressed into. Kinda clever I thought. Here is a picture of it.
Will do. Tried to post a video of the machine in operation but the site didn’t like the format. Watching the repair was more fun than Disney but I’m weird that way. Quoted 1600 but only charged 1000 for both bores because he said I had everything cleaned and the machine was accessible. Wouldn’t take any more. It was a BARGAIN!
HEF doesn't host videos. Never did. But you can create one on YouTube or a similar site and then post the URL here. I hope you consider doing that. That was a very good price for that job. IMHO.