Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Found An Old Loader Need Help Indifying It!!!!

cowdogteamroper ยท 2009-03-23 23:11

I found a nice old loader down the road and the man wanted to sell it for 1500 dollers but does not run. I know it got a GM diesel engine in it it i think it 2-3-4 cyl. not sure yet will find out. The indifaction plate said t-30 that all does anybody knows the model and ifomation about it. It is not rly big in fact prob one of the smallest track loader i have seen. I ll post a few pic when i can. I plan to work on it and get her running again. I will need all the help i can get thank you.

Replies10
  1. #1JimInOz2009-03-24 07:21

    The only thing I can think of is an IH TD-340 or T-340..It was a small crawler-loader.Of course,it had an IH engine & not a GM . I think some Allis loaders had GM engines. A picture would tell a thousand words......

  2. #2WabcoMan2009-03-24 19:08

    There were not too many manufacturers that used Detroit Diesels in their track loaders. Seeing as its a small one I suspect it is an Allis-Chalmers HD-5 with Tractomotive loader attachment. A picture would be very helpful though.

  3. #3biggixxerjim2009-03-24 22:30

    2-3-4 cylinder?? Is that a new invention??

  4. #4sheepfoot2009-03-28 17:55

    old loader with a GM Case sold some track loaders to the us goverment, they had a 4&1 bucket and a winch, some with the rear counter weight, 1150 a/b this was when they were useing a lot of GM's in their military specs, the marine corps had alot of them. I know about 17 yrs ago the 1150E marine corp dozer was called a T-5 or T-6 echo machine built with narrow track gauge/pat blade, winch,5.9 cummins in the dozer instead of the 8.3 cummins engine. P.S is it green, may need to scrape some paint to find out.

  5. #5cowdogteamroper2009-04-15 11:35

    No i just dont know how many cylinders it got on that engine. :beatsme

  6. #695zIV2009-04-15 22:32

    Pictures :Banghead Pictures:Banghead

  7. #7BillyB2009-04-22 17:38

    Don't hold me to it. I believe John Deere used a 2 cyl detroit in some very small track loaders/dozers in the 50's. Maybe a 420 or 430 series. May have only been a tractor/dozer. I may be wrong. It was a long time ago.

  8. #8stumpjumper832009-04-23 16:25

    the 420 used a deere upright 2 cylinder job, same as a 420 tractor, now the 435 & 440 farm tractors used a 3-53 detroit i think, dunno about the dozers...

  9. #9tuney4432016-12-26 09:37

    It was a 2-53 Detroit. Deere used them in their 435 and 440 tractors. I have 2 in my 440 track loaders. Yes, I know this is an OLD posting.

  10. #10old-iron-habit2016-12-26 23:49

    I still want to know what the track loader was, and see pictures.