Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

FOUND, Contract Logger’s Camper

akroadrunner ยท 2011-05-29 12:12

Yup, this is the one he drove to Alaska. That ALCAN highway can be tough on vehicles.

Replies3
  1. #1Contract Logger2011-05-29 13:37

    Funny, I have never driven the Alcan. I'd actually like to try it one of these days but never have the days to waste. I live just outside Juneau, so It's only 2 hours to Seattle by air from the Juneau airport. As far as vehicles I always ship them between Juneau and Seattle with Northland Services (The old Boyer Towing group) on the barges. I have 4 vehicles here I routinely ship back and forth, so I drop my rig off at Northland one week before my flight, and it's always waiting safely on the other end when I get there...... You can do the Alaska State Ferry out of Bellingham, Washington but they're incredibly slow, with no internet or cell service. For a person like me that's a dealbreaker right there..... We dont even ship the Kenworths or equipment over the highway. Everything I'm involved with we use the Northland barges- only way to go. With fuel and labor these days it's probably even less expensive. When something works as well as these barges do you just smile and dont screw with it. I'll post some truck/equipment barge pics if you like- I have a ton of them.

  2. #2dirty4fun2011-05-29 14:00

    C L would love to see the barge pictures, maybe only half a tons worth though.

  3. #3Blk prince2014-04-21 08:18

    Looking for the barge pictures CL,did you post them somewhere?