Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Found On Floor of Workshop ???

GRAHAM WHITE · 2022-01-19 17:54

Hi Guys can any one help identify this item, found rolling about floor of workshop I think it could be a bush or some other item from a piece of heavy plant. It appears to be made out of nylon or plastic

Replies10
  1. #1kshansen2022-01-19 18:59

    Might help a bit if we knew what kind of things have been in that shop recently!

  2. #2CM19952022-01-19 19:17

    Welcome to the Forums GW! Looks like a round piece of machined metal. As Kshan said - need a little more info.

  3. #3GRAHAM WHITE2022-01-19 19:33

    Hi, thanks for your response, it’s made of plastic or nylon and is very well finished - also looks new and never used - nothing major worked on in the workshop but a number of engineering friends often visit and I am trying to source who it might belong too

  4. #4Don.S2022-01-19 20:26

    So why not ask them?

  5. #5Tinkerer2022-01-19 21:08

    Welcome to HEF, Graham ! I have no idea what it is.

  6. #6GRAHAM WHITE2022-01-20 05:25

    Hi Don, Thanks for responding, I am a novice compared to my friends and I wanted to be able to say “Hi guys has anybody lost a ???” - trying to look less stupid when it comes to mechanical things,

  7. #7DMiller2022-01-20 07:26

    Used to be the common joke on someone to stop by have a good visit, then deposit a Odd Part somewhere to be found later stirring all manner of frustration. Know or have any jolly joker friends?

  8. #8GRAHAM WHITE2022-01-20 08:16

    that could be exactly what they are up too - quite a few of the guys like about of fun - Thanks - still wish I could work out what it is though

  9. #9Nige2022-01-20 08:24

    A bush from a front suspension anti-roll bar.?

  10. #10Old Doug2022-01-20 10:44

    Is it a bearing of some kind? I lifted the lid on my parts washer the other day and found the mesh out of a oil bath air cleaner. I dont remember any thing about it. I need to find were it came from before next summer.