Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Found something out, today…

DIYDAVE · 2019-08-26 21:12

Was mowing a steep hill with the Kubota b-2100. FWD, it has turf tires, front and back, and I am using a 3 blade 5'rear mounted finishing mower. Now this hill has a few spots on it, where the angle approaches 35, maybe 38 degrees. I mowed it earlier with the older gear L2202, and a 4' bush hog, but it has some farmall weights on the 24" rims, with it, I just go slower and slower, as I near the top (steepest) section. Well the newer (to me) B-2100 starts to lift a rear wheel, as you approach about 33º, or so, and I am gettin tired of having that uneasy butt-pucker feeling of the upper wheel rising, I have a set of wheels and tires and a 4 piece weight set, to set this tractor up for AG tires, but I want to wait till the turf tires are worn out, afore mounting them. The new rims are 16" and so are the weights (old stuff, really, they are actually rims and weights offa the front of an American tractor, from the 60's or 70's). Anyway I measured the weights and the turf tire rims, and damed if the holes ain't the same measurement!. Stopped by lowe's, today and picked up 8- 12" long 1/2" bolts, and had them suckers mounted in under 2 hrs. Gonna try them out, next cutting, on that hill! Anyway, I mowed the slidy part that was givin me trouble, with the Altoz TRX today. It didn't slid any at all! still glad I bought that new machine! Note, Mine is a 610i, not the 660i, in this video...

Replies1
  1. #1DIYDAVE2019-08-29 20:58

    Update on the wheel weights... Mowed a little hill with the weights on the k'boter, sure makes a difference, kinda crabs sideways, now, steada lifting the high side rear wheel (in FWD, on the hills. Well worth the $25 in bolts!