Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Freight Forwarding from Miami to Africa!

maquinariawiebe ยท 2011-02-23 17:07

We recentley purchased a Caterpillar D5H from a Ritchies site in Miami Florida. We purchased this Dozer for a missionary group in Africa, and our now looking to ship the machine to Africa. Tough task for me since I have rarely dealed with ocean freight. Anybody have any idea of who or what company would have the best rate for something like this.....? P.S. I'll try to get pictures!

Replies9
  1. #1barklee2011-02-23 21:01

    I have quoted a few things from these guys but have never used them. A friend of mine has and says they are excellent. I am going to guess you will pay around 6000-8000......just guessing. http://www.hansenshipping.com/

  2. #2maquinariawiebe2011-02-25 11:17

    i'll give them a try, thanks!

  3. #3maquinariawiebe2011-02-28 15:37

    The guys at Freightplus gave me a qoute of $4350. Blade needs to be removed. I would say that is a pretty good price!

  4. #4maquinariawiebe2011-03-11 16:09

    Scheduled to be loaded for tomorrow, Kind of excited!

  5. #5maquinariawiebe2011-05-04 16:27

    Pictures coming soon...!

  6. #6AmerIndependent2011-05-09 10:13

    Did the Freightplus people come through for you? I tried getting a quote to send a 623E to Australia through them a couple months back and never heard back from them.

  7. #7maquinariawiebe2011-05-10 13:12

    They did. They were cheaper than anybody else that qouted me on this machine. They specialize in ocean freight for construction equipment, so they always had answers for me on every question I had. The vessel went direct to the destination port so it didn't take very long either. They have always qouted me quickly. Usually I send them an email and follow up with a phone call. They have offices in Australia, and they should be able to qoute you at a reasonable price. Maybe you could give them a call and tell them I reccomended you.

  8. #8AmerIndependent2011-05-10 14:40

    Will do next time. I think the 623E might just have been too big of a machine for them. I think they deal more with containers...

  9. #9maquinariawiebe2011-05-10 17:04

    Could be.