I have a 00’ Freightliner FL70. I’d like to change the oem steering wheel with an 18” wood aftermarket wheel by SCI or United Pacific. The dilemma I’m encountering is the adapter hub says fits all Freightliner models except business class, which my FL 70 is often referred to. Has anyone upgraded their steering wheels on an FL with aftermarket and had luck finding the right hub adapte? I asked customer service at Raney’s and they said an adapter is not available. Ebay listings say they will fit my truck but I don’t want to go through the hassle of ordering and returning if I cannot install. Any information is appreciated.
Will not fit business class. Hubs are for class 8 only. Know someone else who tried. The straight tube column's were built basically by one company for years for several different brands of trucks. Yours probably has a Freightliner tilt.
Update… Was waiting to install and verify proper fitment before posting. SCI offers an aftermarket steering hub adapter that fits the Freightliner FL series and you can install any 5-hole aftermarket steering wheels. SCI part number 909 and I went with a forever sharp steering wheel. So far the quality of both the hub and steering wheel are great.
Good to know.