looking at buying a 06 freightliner m2 dump truck with a Mercedes engine and a eaton transmission are these considered to be good trucks or stay away . thanks
run far away from a truck with a Mercedes engine a guy I know has had nothing but problems with them -Expensive parts -Fewer shops that work on Mercedes engines -The turbos in them love to blow up
yeah run run run as far away from the benz... i hear bad things about them too....
Oh yes run a way the mercedes engines are nothing but problems ! Kyle
Well i run the mercedes engine in a m2 service truck and i had a turbo at 91,000 miles i had to replace,other than that i dont have any oil leaks like the cumminsor cat engines we run in the class 6-7 trucks we use we have had issues with the 8.3 cummins head gaskets at 50,000 miles camshafts at 70,000.
Thanks for the replies , I guess that is why they seem to be cheap compared to other comparable trucks .
I'm also looking at a m2 class truck with a Mercedes Benz OM 906LA is it that bad of a engine? Its just a decenet deal that I hate to pass on for a truck that will only be used say once a week and not have many miles on it. I know I should just stink to a International, but I was hoping someone would say its a decent engine.
We have one at work, and it doesn't seem like a terrible engine. It runs just as much as the Cats or Cummins we have with just as much up time.
Mercedes is the largest truck manufacturer in the world and it isn't an accident they are there. If these parts are expensive you have never bought any if you had you would know it is no worse than Caterpillar or Cummins and their Chinese parts