Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Friendly New Guy

LittleDirty ยท 2011-10-07 10:33

Greetings from East Texas! I am new to this site, new to the excavating business, and just a Little Dirty! I have had a number of jobs, two careers, and am now starting my third. I have joined a couple of friends in their existing excavating business and hope to learn as much as possible about the business and equipment. I have always tinkered with equipment, having been taught by my Dad back in the early Iron Age when points and condensers were the standard and upgrading electronics meant a new battery! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I restore old hand tools, I'm into old tractors, odd mechanical devices, fine wines, horses, and everything firearms related (that way I can protect all of the other things...). Please bear with me as I wander the halls, occasionally bumping into things, and mumbling about the lack of good coffee. Ed

Replies1
  1. #1Bagswa512011-10-07 11:21

    Hey, Little Dirty, Kindred spirit I think.........tinkerer here too........and yes points and condensers....still have the old dwell meter!!! I have a '55 JD40 crawler, 4 roller, a whopping 22hp!. A 50' Willys CJ3A that is fully functional and loads of fun......Best day....when the Case 580B went down the road for the last time!!! Worst day; when I bought it! LOL!!! If its wood or metal I LIKE IT!!! Take care, this is a great site; so much knowledge and great experiences.....you can spend hrs on these pages!....