Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

From Australia

Martin! ยท 2009-09-01 07:38

Sorting out a few pics and picked these out from the thousands ive taken over the years from around Sydney.

Replies50
  1. #1Martin!2009-09-01 07:40

    more from sydney

  2. #2Martin!2009-09-01 07:42

    sorry more

  3. #3Martin!2009-09-01 07:44

    and more and more

  4. #4Martin!2009-09-01 07:46

    more and more

  5. #5Martin!2009-09-01 07:48

    nearly there

  6. #6Martin!2009-09-01 07:50

    more for you

  7. #7Squizzy246B2009-09-01 07:52

    Great pics Martin, thanks for posting. In the second set with the 10 being craned in I reckon I can see my old office over at Pyrmont on the background. That last pic sure looks like the bow of an LCH

  8. #8Martin!2009-09-01 07:52

    last lot

  9. #9Martin!2009-09-01 08:02

    You would be correct.Took it in Kent st opp the fire station.

  10. #10Squizzy246B2009-09-01 08:22

    Home of the Observatory hotel...stayed there last time I went and saw AC/DC in the Sydney Entertainment centre Lol. I spent too much time wasting my pay packets in the Rocks in those days. Where are the last few pics (with the Landing Craft) taken...I'm trying to picture it in my head.

  11. #11N.CarolinaDozer2009-09-01 08:26

    Dang you all love to pick up dozers down under. Love the pics and I really like the red D11.

  12. #12JDOFMEMI2009-09-01 11:28

    I see a few companies there like to embelish on what they have. I think the orange looking one with D-11 on the side is really an 84W D-10, and I seen one or 2 D-9L marked as D-10. Good pictures all. We don't get to see dozers that size craned into sites very often here. Usually only skid steers and mini ex get craned places.

  13. #13tippatone2009-09-01 11:58

    Those are some wicked pics!!!!! Whats the name of that cable bridge in the background of the D9?

  14. #14Cat-Peter2009-09-01 13:23

    Hi Martin These are some really nice and interesting pic's!!:drinkup Cheer's, Peter

  15. #15amyliveshere2009-09-01 13:29

    first post found this site yesterday and spent about 2 hours looking at posts.great pics of the cats nick case 590 sle volvo ec15 thwaites dumpers

  16. #16Martin!2009-09-01 16:17

    That was at Pt Piper.That was a good when the weight of the dozer went on the ramps half the propellors came out the water

  17. #17Martin!2009-09-01 16:22

    Sydney is built on solid sandstone so in good times there is plenty of big dozer action in town.There is actually 3 big uns working in the CBD at the moment.2 will be drive out a 1 maybe a lift out (I hope)

  18. #18Martin!2009-09-01 16:24

    That is correct JDOFMEMI you know your dozers.

  19. #19Martin!2009-09-01 16:27

    Thanks tippatone.The bridge is the ANZAC Bridge runs from Sydneys western CBD suburb of Pyrmont. for people heading west

  20. #20Martin!2009-09-01 16:29

    Thanks Peter

  21. #21Martin!2009-09-01 16:31

    Thanks Nick

  22. #22d4c24a2009-09-01 16:55

    bluey i have seen some of those before ,i think swishy and sydney kiwi posted some on the cat boards ,the name bluey rings a bell thanks for posting :drinkup graham

  23. #23Martin!2009-09-01 17:11

    I have an Alias and I am SK.Martins my real name. Bluey is driving some of the dozers in the pics and Swishy maybe posted some else where but thats OK Swish can do that.

  24. #24JDOFMEMI2009-09-02 02:21

    Martin Thanks for sharing those with us. I wonder if the mis marked dozers are an attempt to bill the owner for a higher rate machine? I have seen that before here in SoCal One outfit had a D-10N with D-11N stickers, and it fooled a lot of people in those days. (20 years ago) Also seen 992 loader arms with 994 decals, hoping to fool more people into thinking thay were bigshots, I guess.

  25. #25Gavin84w2009-09-02 05:12

    Brings back some good memories there SK, haven't seen you posting in a while and it is a good set of pics to get back on here. A couple of interesting jobs was one where we stripped a D10N impact ripper machine 60 metres below the opera house and another time i stripped a Leighton D10 on the footpath of George street. I see there is a fairly decent hole happening directly under centrepoint tower at the moment and one of Cats classics is in there doing what it does best. You mentioned a couple of other holes going, where are they?

  26. #26Martin!2009-09-02 16:07

    HI Gavin. The one in Centerpoint is Blueys old one .Should be coming out soon but probanly a drive out.The old green D9 is down Surrey Hills and I spotted a D10 down at Kogarah.

  27. #27Gavin84w2009-09-03 00:18

    Thanks Martin, Man the grren D9 is pretty long in the tooth nowadays. I better get in and see the old twin stack at Centrepoint soon then if it has not got long to go.

  28. #28Martin!2009-09-03 01:09

    I heard they were going to lift the ole twin stacker out but I believe they are now going to try and ramp it out now as a crane to lift that at about a 30m radius will cost a lot. Cleary Bros had a couple at Darling Hbr recently I think it was a D11 and 10 and there is a couple of D8s at Rhodes. The Green one was involved in a nasty accident a while ago .They were moving it on low loader (about 45 tonne over loaded)with the blade sitting low on the deck rather than raised up high on the top deck.Well a car came along and hit the corner of the blade and took the top off the car and nearely killed the driver.It was on Stony Creek Rd at Arncliffe .Caused all sorts of traffic problems as people with a big enough truck to move it would not come .Bad publicity.I believe some one turned up only after the cops baisically ordered them there and guarranteed payment.

  29. #29Gavin84w2009-09-03 10:00

    I did see the newspaper article on that 3 x 4 float with a fully dressed 9L is pushing even more than another guy we know! I heard they shut the centrepoint job down when she first went in there for to much black smoke but that is just normal for a good old twin stack! I remember Walkers had there 2 D10,s in a hole with 7 excavators and they were basically headbutting each other but thats just how tough those basement excavations are. You better load up some more pics!

  30. #30stock2009-09-03 15:20

    Is Luna Park gone?

  31. #31Martin!2009-09-03 16:26

    The twin stackker is Blueys old one .He sold his gear off a while ago to another contactor.The best hole I saw was Westfield Bondi Junction at one point they had Clearys D11,Blueys twin stack D10 and 2xD9 plus the Green one along with upto 14 excavators in one hole and Clearys D9 in a hole over the road.That was dozer lovers heavan.

  32. #32Martin!2009-09-03 16:28

    Luna Park is still there.The dozers were going in to rip out a hole for the carpark they built.

  33. #33Gavin84w2009-09-03 20:13

    Martin, do you know what ever became of the Hitachi coloured D10? I think it was Hopeshores wasn't it?

  34. #34stock2009-09-04 01:52

    I was in Sydney 20 odd years ago , used to have a schooner in the Mercantile Hotel,and in the Hilton on Georges street, the Henry 8th bar as they had Irish music every Wednesday.Hmmmmmm that Tooheys was nice ,as was that Black Swan ,can't get it here ,great pictures there lad keep em coming.

  35. #35Martin!2009-09-04 01:58

    Have no idea Gavin .I bet the new owner repainted it though.

  36. #36Martin!2009-09-04 02:02

    The Mercantiles still there and the Hilton got rebuilt and I havent been there since so I dont know about the Irish music.But I do know why you guys drink hard because you would have to be drunk to listen to it.(just a joke,sort of) But I did get kicked out of an Irish bar in Baltimore (USA) because I made a comment about the band.That was a big night.

  37. #37oversize2009-09-05 07:54

    Hi Martin great pic's In the pictures of the D9 going on the barge you can see some thing is holding it with cable what was holding the cable,

  38. #38powerjoke2009-09-05 12:47

    Good eye!:exactly Pj

  39. #39Martin!2009-09-06 16:21

    He He It was a little 5 tonne capacity D Shackle that was attached to a anchor point dyna bolted to a sand stone cliff.I actually thought that there was going to be a dozer in the harbour .It doesnt matter how strong the rope is it is what it is attached to.

  40. #40powerjoke2009-09-06 20:14

    Post 4 Picture 2, Is that 9 going on that tandem step deck setting there?. Once again, great pic's Martin Don't think I've seen a 9 or 10 lowered into a hole before but it looks like standard practice for you guy's Pj

  41. #41Martin!2009-09-07 01:51

    Well spotted Powerjoke but no that trailer is one of the gear trucks for the crane.Yes it happens a couple times a year I will dig out some more

  42. #42Martin!2009-09-07 07:47

    a couple more for the Dozer/crane fans

  43. #43oversize2009-09-07 08:44

    I guess the bloke loading the dozer on the barge lived by the saying "BIG AND THERE BRASS":slomo

  44. #44bigblueox2009-09-07 09:49

    maybe not brass but chocolate?! Inappropriate Content Removed

  45. #45Martin!2009-09-07 16:32

    He wasnt real thrilled about it .But he did it.There was a 30 tonne excavator attached to the back.

  46. #46Dozer132009-10-07 05:12

    awsome photos mate,glad you posted them i have a few myself ill post when i get the chance.

  47. #47scraperboy2222010-02-24 11:13

    this had 60hrs on it when this was taken komatsu 475-5 .

  48. #48Hardcountry2010-02-26 14:32

    G,Day all, great pics, driving onto that boat with it bobing up and down in the water would have to be a strange feeling, one i could do without i think lol

  49. #49BC BOY2010-02-27 14:28

    Awsome pictures Martin !!! thank,s for posting them. I,ve never seen a dozer get lifted by a crane before, must have been a helluva lift! I bet that d9n that was loaded onto the barge had to get the seat redone.

  50. #50Martin!2010-02-28 00:12

    Thanks BC BOY.I have plenty of dozer lift pice .Havent seen it for a while though been a biy quiet.As for the barge.He reckons its the first time he used his seat belt.