Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

From wrenching to operating, looking for a career change

Mikefromcny ยท 2012-11-24 13:50

Hi everyone, I'm currently a mechanic/assembler at my current job. I've been doing it for 8 years, time for something else. I currently own a TLB, skid steer, track loader, skip loader and a compact tractor. I currently take on small land clearing and landscaping jobs for a few bucks on the side, I've been doing it for 4 years now, I get a little busier each summer. In the spring I plan on applying at all the local contractors, road construction, site development type places. Not looking to be hired as an owner/operator but just an operator. I dont have an "operators" license or a cdl. Working with a friend to get my cdl though. Looking for any advice you guys may have to offer someone in my position.

Replies1
  1. #1mrkw772012-11-24 18:39

    i do the same thing you do i work 60 to 80 hrs a week. I am going to keep my day job my wife owns it lol