Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Front End Loader Question

dp9431 ยท 2014-12-16 19:23

Hi Everyone, Newbie here I just found this site and have been interested in a lot of the posts here and I'm hoping someone can help me. I have been operating Excavators and Backhoes for a few years but mostly all my experience is digging. Recently at my job we have been receiving material such as Sand and Salt that we have to pile. The guy who use to do all the piling left and I have been having to stock pile the Material and I can't seem to figure out how to pile the Material high. I only have loaded with front end loaders and I can't seem to figure out how to stack. I am trying to push salt into a salt barn and when I try to push or climb up the pile the machine starts bouncing or it just won't move. How the Hell can I stack the Salt high? We are waiting on a few hundred tons and I am almost out of room, I would greatly appreciate any tips from you guys. Thank you very much. Dom

Replies2
  1. #1maddog2014-12-16 19:39

    make a trail/drive in the pile that goes up.

  2. #2tuney4432014-12-17 01:08

    You have to get a feel for the best balance between your load and start of tire spin.You are on material that takes awhile to compact somewhat so be patient to find your perfect groove.I would suggest the highest gear you can at first to help avoid spinning along with keeping weight in the bucket as you push forward to try and get the most traction across all 4 tires as evenly as possible.