Help. We just serviced this old cat ,new oils, filters,and drained and cleaned the screen in the converter.when we started it back up the clutch was stuck in the disengaged position. It worked fairly well when we shut down for service. Any ideas as to what would cause this. The bottom fork in the clutch acts like it would move but the top fork is solid. I'm not much of a mechanic, but this doesn't make sense. Thanks:
Mate , there is a linkage to the gearbox that stops it jumping out of gear . Check that is working ok and is not stopping the clutch from working .Only a guess at the problem .
Thanks, I'll see if I can figure out where that is.
Update, the grease worms got it. When we greased the slide that runs the throw out bearing it ceased the slide to the shaft, had to heat I t to get it off and replace the part.