Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Frozen loader bucket

jimr ยท 2013-03-18 11:58

Hi all, I have 580 SE and the loader bucket will move until it is warmed up. It was like this last Winter too so it got new fluid and filter last spring. But I still have the same problem. When its cold I can't move the control lever to rollback or dump until some heat stsrts to bulid, then the bucket will move very slowly and get faster as it warms up. All other hydrualics work as you would expect.:beatsme Thanks in advance, Jimr

Replies10
  1. #1trevor b2013-03-18 15:58

    i had that with my sk . i took the loader antirollback control apart cleaned rust and s;;t out & greased the rod no prob this winter trevor b

  2. #2jimr2013-03-18 17:01

    trevor b, thanks. I would have never thought it would be the linkage. Jimr

  3. #3trevor b2013-03-18 20:17

    check and grease all linkages hope it's that simple trevor.

  4. #4bill onthehill2013-03-18 20:45

    When my 580K gets hard to operate it is time to lube that rod. Then it works so easy I have to lighten my touch. I spray the same graphite I use on the extendahoe slide in the tube.

  5. #5jimr2013-03-19 07:47

    I reread my original post ...now I'm embarassed at the amount of typos and mistakes. What I meant to say is that the bucket will NOT move until it is warmed up even if the loader is raised all the way up. Sorry for the confusion. Jimr

  6. #6trevor b2013-03-19 11:27

    i still beleve it's in your linkages . like i said my bucket would not curl or dump till i cleaned that rod trevor b

  7. #7jimr2013-03-19 11:59

    Again thanks trevor b, I'll have a chance to take that linkage apart in couple days. I'll let everyone know what I find. Jimr

  8. #8hookedondiesel2013-03-24 06:36

    This has happened to me on my Kubota. It gets pretty cold sometimes around here, -25C The bucket would work fine, but the loader itself wouldn't lift. I finally wrapped a "battery warmer blanket" around the spool, would plug it in on cold night's, "problem solved".

  9. #9oldseabee2013-03-24 09:59

    Also check the valve mounting bolts, if there are 4, loosen them and see which one has a gap under and don't tighten it back up, just the other 3, mounting bracket may have warped over time putting the valve body in a bind when it is cold.

  10. #10jimr2013-03-25 10:16

    oldseabee, thanks when I get a chance to spend some time I'll check that out. Jimr