Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel filter change on JCB 1400B

Carlos1 · 2020-05-09 20:43

can someone give me proper procedure to change fuel filter and water filter on JCB 1400b 1989...I want to avoid bleeding the system to restart the backhoe since I am an old man, a novice and alone at this... thanks....

Replies6
  1. #1Delmer2020-05-09 23:38

    does this look like what you have? Looks pretty easy to bleed the system, if you don't and the engine runs out of fuel, then you'll have a lot more work to bleed the injection pump. Change the filter after the engine is warmed up and has been running a while. Fill the filters with the primer pump with the bleed screw open, or the last connection loose like in the video, then connect/close the bleeder, and start the engine at full speed or close to it. Let it run at high idle for two minutes.

  2. #2skata2020-05-10 00:11

    You got the perkins diesel? I believe your fuel lift pump on the engine has a little lever you can pump to prime the system.

  3. #3Carlos12020-05-10 14:46

    Delmer I am enclosing picture of the fuel filter for the Jcb1400B 1989. Different than the video. Also I don’t think there is any lever on the pump to prime. But if I bleed through top of filter it might work I also want to clean or change the water condensation bowl below.

  4. #4Carlos12020-05-10 14:50

    Skata yes Perkins engine But not sure about lever in the pump Can’t find one.

  5. #5skata2020-05-11 00:46

    It may look like this. Mounted on the engine block.

  6. #6Carlos12020-05-12 18:42

    thank you so much... I will check and compare the fuel pump and the picture you sent us.... again. thank you for your kindness.