Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel issues on ex 135 usr

Joe hitachi · 2023-03-13 19:23

Hi, I have an ex 135 usr and I'm having issues with finding a kind of rubbery material ( light blue in colour) blocking the inlet into water seperater, I assume its coming from the tank and maybe it was thrown in there but just wondering could it be coming from any part of the inside of the tank or has anyone come across this before? Thank you.

Replies3
  1. #1thepumpguysc2023-03-13 20:23

    I haven’t see blue but I’ve seen red.. it came from a fuel tank liner that was put in to seal a rusted out fuel tank.. I wanna say it was called “red-coat”.. Another thought might be from the inside of the hose itself.??

  2. #2Joe hitachi2023-03-14 05:04

    Yes going to check out hoses now to try get to the bottom of it but going to check banjo bolt on bottom of lift pump aswell to see is that why it's losing revs every 20 minutes or so

  3. #3Joe hitachi2023-03-14 14:42

    Hi I got sorted with the fuel issues as it was the gause in the banjo bolt going into the lift pump, took off air filter and the panel for easy access to lift pump but when I put all back together and it was running fine with no fuel leaks anywhere I headin off to work it and straight away iv a very slow righthand track, ( as you sit in the digger with idlers forward) just wondering would I have hit a wire or anything, tracking was working perfect this morning earlier, thank you