Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel Pressure Tester Gauges

Grit ยท 2014-12-11 12:19

I might have to go in another direction here in trying to fix my machine. If I wanted to buy a standard type fuel pressure tester gauge from , say, NAPA or O'Riley's, ect., will any of them do? And if so, is there and particular type fitting(s) I would need? This is for a New Holland L190. Thanks.

Replies8
  1. #1Grit2014-12-12 15:10

    No one?

  2. #2sheepfoot2014-12-12 18:20

    What is the issue you are having with your machine?

  3. #3Mike L2014-12-12 18:21

    What you need is a compucheck fitting, compucheck coupler on a 6' 3/8" Hyd hose with a 150 psi gauge. Whole set up will run you around $50 and you can probably get it all at the local Hyd shop

  4. #4Grit2014-12-12 21:24

    Thank you, Mike. That's a big help. Don't quite understand 100% what you're saying, but I will trying and figure out the rest. Thanks again! I know it's a busy time of year for everyone and don't mean to be a pain. I do appreciate the help.

  5. #5Mike L2014-12-13 08:21

    A compucheck fitting is like an air hose coupler but it seals up completely so you get am accurate reading. As far as the hose, you just need a simple 2wire hose with pipe thread fittings so you can screw the compucheck on one end and the gauge on the other. I'll try to get a picture of mine posted

  6. #6Mike L2014-12-13 09:00

    Must have misplaced my gauges. Try googling compucheck fittings

  7. #7kshansen2014-12-13 09:46

    I may be off base but if you know what pressures you should be seeing I would just make sure the gauge you are purchasing is good for about double that. In other words if you are testing something that spec's call 190 psi I would get a 500psi gauge along with a hose that is good for something higher. Then if the point you are hooking to has say 1/8 or 1/4 pipe threads get an adapter that will screw in and let you connect to the hose on the gauge. Now if you are going to be using this set up to test several things I can see buying the compucheck fittings. If you are going to be doing this full time I'd consider one of these: https://www.mico.com/products/related-product/pressure-testing-devices/quadrigage%E2%84%A2

  8. #8Grit2014-12-13 13:17

    Ok, thanks guys. I really need to invest in a repair manual. That would give me the specs I need. I just don't know how long I'll be keeping the machine and if it will be worth the cost of investing in materials to help me solve issues. Sometimes I think it might be better to just pay for a tech to come out and fix it. I have no way of taking it to a shop as I have no trailer that will haul it. Lots of decisions I need to make, I guess. As always, though, you guys are a big help and I always appreciate it. I have a feeling buying the skid steer was a poor decision on my part. I should have known there would be no way for me to troubleshoot problems without the right tools (tools I don't have access to). Oh well, live and learn.