I,m posting this for a friend so be patient.The other day he changed the fuel filter,because it seemed to plug up.The fuel inside was black so merrily he went to the bobcat dealer changed the filter with a new one.After 10 minutes of running it progressively ran worse.That's when he called me,I ran it when cold,perfect,10 minutes later same thing.I pulled the filter,it was full with clean fuel.I squeezed the primer bulb,and each pump netted a healthy clean stream of fuel.one thing I did notice was a difference in the filter on the threaded base.The original threadedpart was nicely formed,the new one looked crushed from being over tightened,so I thought that might have something to do with it.Buddy went back for a new filter and it looked the same as the deformed one,but I guess the outer oring does the sealing.Anyway it has the same symptoms,should the transfer pump be suspect next?Anybody have the same experience?
Does the engine now not run at all, or just run a bit sickly?
same symptoms,runs poor after about 10 minutes.
Does the primer bulb colapse flat when this happens?
Also check for a inline filter possibly
Ichacked the owners manual and it just has the 1 filter,the primer bulb works fine,it does not collapse after repeated use.
My T-190 does the same thing, it will go through spells where we have to change the fuel filter every 8 hours, we'll put 3-4 filters on it and its good to go for another 100 hours.....clean fuel going into the machine and it's the only machine that seems to have a problem. My suspect is, the vent tube to the fuel tank is sucking dirt or maybe there is a crack in the tank and it is letting rain water in etc.....havent had time to mess with it and for a $8 filter i cant afford to pull the machine out of service untill winter. Do what we do and just keep changing the filter, after a few of them it'll clean itself up....dont ask me why but it works Pj
I wish I would have thought of that,I should have ran it without the fuel cap or jerry can.Buddy sent it to the dealer this morning,thanks for the replies,I'll let you know what they find