Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel pump hand primer

baron69 ยท 2025-01-02 08:01

I have a cat 312 excavator 6GK01536 it is leaking fuel under the hand pump screw cover. I'm assuming there is a o-ring of some sort. Is it possible to take the plunger off and replace the o-ring or do I have to get a whole new plunger?

Replies3
  1. #1Tyler d4c2025-01-02 08:13

    Whole new plunger

  2. #2baron692025-01-02 08:36

    Can you get just the plunger? Cat wants to sell you the housing with the plunger on it for $600

  3. #3Nige2025-01-02 09:10

    See the attached. I assume that Item #17 (5I-7511 Priming Pump) is what you need. There are no individual spare parts listed for it. For $600 I would guess that Cat is trying to sell you the complete 5I-7507 assembly. You could also try searching for an aftermarket replacement using the 5I-7511 Part Number. It is updated to 239-6656 but either number will work. I see them online for less than $50.