My on off solenoid has been acting up and finally quit altogether. I have been turning key on open door pull plunger back then start tractor. Anyway I ordered one from my Komatsu Dealer , haven't recieved it yet but got the bill , 480$. Ouch. Are there any alternatives to this ?
you can buy aftermarket fuel solenoids, they're still pretty expensive i think i paid $150 last time. I also had one where it acted like it was shot and still getting power but the fuel lift pump was also intermittent so I replaced the lift pump first and that resolved the fuel solenoid problem which i thought was weird but it still works. did you check for power and good fuel supply? my fuel solenoid would work if i pushed it in with the key on and it would release when i turned the key off. sounds kinda familiar but yeah $480 hurts the pocket.
How do you cross reference the part #? It looks like it could be ordered through cummins maybe? Or where can I find one for the 150$ ?
it depends on the type, stop by your local napa store and bring it in with you or know how it mounts, what type it is, rod length, voltages, anything you can get off of it info wise and they should be able to help you out unless your napa or part store is run by the type of parts person who can only look up by part number or model of the car. which unfortunately is pretty common. or try to buy it online doing the same thing.
does your d 39 have a cummins in it? or a komatsu? if its a cummins then just order it by the model of the motor and thats easy to get.
I feel your pain.. There's usually a P# stamped into the side of the solenoid, get it and start internet search.. There's a place in California I get mine from,[150.00] but the shipping time across country can sometimes be an issue..