Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel pumps

BillHoughH30G · 2020-02-17 14:01

What's a good PSI for diesel fuel pump.

Replies18
  1. #1AllDodge2020-02-17 14:34

    If your talking about a lift pump I would say 10 to 15 psi, but also depends on the equipment make/model

  2. #2thepumpguysc2020-02-17 16:32

    WHAT are u talking about Bill.?? A "Transfer Pump".. like a pump from a 55 gal drum.?? Or a "Supply/Lift Pump" on your engine.. pushing fuel TO the injection pump.?? THAT depends on the type of injection pump u have..

  3. #3BillHoughH30G2020-02-17 20:42

    Ooops. Pump for old hough pay loader to pull from fuel tank to injector pump

  4. #4Delmer2020-02-17 20:49
  5. #5BillHoughH30G2020-02-18 08:37

    Roos master

  6. #6Delmer2020-02-18 10:43

    3-5PSI unless thepumpguy says otherwise.

  7. #7thepumpguysc2020-02-18 10:53

    No more than 10 psi.. DBG pumps only require 1-3 psi, basically gravity feed.. The DB2 pumps require 5-6 psi.. It’s hard to find an electric pump in that range, that’s why I say no more than 10 psi

  8. #8BillHoughH30G2020-02-19 19:20

    Ok. So something wrong with my roos then... Anyone know if it matters how you pull it out or put it back in (talking about the Roosa Master)

  9. #9BillHoughH30G2020-02-19 19:22

    Thinking about pulling it out... maybe do a rebuild kit.

  10. #10thepumpguysc2020-02-19 20:04

    It depends on what pump # it is.. But regardless, there a right way & a wrong way..

  11. #11BillHoughH30G2020-02-19 20:23

    dbgfc637-44aj Any tips... Might try a rebuild this weekend...wish I could find a "step by step" online... I'm pretty patient...but a diagram with replacement seals etc might help Would be pretty cool to do myself

  12. #12thepumpguysc2020-02-19 20:59

    The BIGGEST TIP I can offer is>> DONT DO IT.. MARK the pump housing to the engine block.. there arent any timing marks inside the side cover window.. When u put it back on, line up the dot INSIDE the pump, with the dot on the END of the drive shaft.. THAT will make sure your pump & engine are on the correct stroke.. & THAT would be KOOL..

  13. #13BillHoughH30G2020-02-19 21:33

    If I tempt this I hope you don't mind if I try to pick your brain later

  14. #14chas3572020-02-20 07:49

    Bill pull the pump send it out to TPG with a blank check he wont hurt you your pump will love you

  15. #15thepumpguysc2020-02-20 08:38

    Lol.. it would be a lot less painful than what he’s about to do/try.. Bill, there ARE books on how to do it.. check Ebay or send it to me. Look under AllisChalmers..

  16. #16BillHoughH30G2020-02-20 19:11

    Just bought a manual of eBay it looks like the original manual not a print for the pump I guess I find out when it gets here

  17. #17BillHoughH30G2020-02-20 19:12

    Blank check LOL

  18. #18Blocker in MS2020-02-20 20:00

    Shop teacher at high school told me about being drafted into Vietnam. He knew how to rebuild injection pumps. He spent all his time over there in A/C tent rebuilding pumps. He said the tolerances were tight enough that if not assembled within several degrees Fahrenheit the parts were machined so tightly that they would not fit. Those are too picky of tolerances for me and my hammer. Best of luck! Hope you do well if you do it yourself!