Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel Quality

salesrep ยท 2005-09-26 17:07

http://www.dieselcraft.com/Diesel Fuel Quality.pdf Very educational read.

Replies3
  1. #1Cat4202005-09-26 17:36

    Salesrep, I can't seem to find any numbers for the differences between onroad, offroad diesel, and home heating oil. The only answer I have ever seen is that they are the same except for taxes paid, but I haven't been able to find any numbers to back this up. Do you have any links to some data for these fuels and their effects, if any on diesel engines?

  2. #2salesrep2005-09-26 17:56

    I don't have any links to your question. Sorry.

  3. #3xkvator2005-09-27 00:39

    on road fuel is supposed to have a lower sulpher content. I asked the guy that brings my fuel to find out the sulpher % because when i bought a new Bobcat excavator, the manual says to cut the oil change intervals if the fuel you use has over a certain %. The terminal where they pickup the fuel couldn't give them the exact %...they said sometimes you get low sulpher fuel with red dye added.