Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

FUEL SYSTEM PROBLEM ON DT466E INTERNATIONAL ENGINE, CYLINDER #2 ITS NOT WORKING. PLEASE SOME HELP.

PetervaldezMech ยท 2026-04-15 16:47

HI, greetings from the Dominican Republic, I hope you're doing well. I'm reaching out to see if you could assist me with an issue I'm currently experiencing on a DT466E engine. Here are the engine details: Engine Family Rating Code: 2152 Engine Serial Number: 466HM2U2140066 Rated Horsepower: 260 HP Transmission Type: Allison MD Total Engine Hours: 4522.7 The problem started with a sudden clanking noise. After scanning the engine, I found that injector #2 stopped working. However, all signals and currents to the injector appear to be present. To troubleshoot, I swapped injector #2 with injector #3. The injector itself works fine in position #3, but the issue remains on cylinder #2 (now with injector #3 installed), which still does not fire. After several restarts, injector #5 also seems to be getting weak. So far, I have: Tested the internal harness and verified continuity on all lines (everything checks out) Confirmed signal and current supply to the injector Despite all this, cylinder #2 injector is still not operating at all. At this point, I would really appreciate any guidance on what else I should be checking or testing. Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

Replies2
  1. #1ps66x42026-04-15 17:15

    I dont know but have you verified that you have fuel and compression?

  2. #2Deere500a2026-04-15 17:17

    Fuel pressure at the injector,line may be restricted