Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel-tank lift pipe/hose icing

towbar ยท 2023-02-11 19:41

The partial return of engine-stalls raised in another thread motivated THIS one. I have had next to no icing problems ever since I stopped using fuel out of drums, 'been getting my supplies right from the pumps in 5 gallon plastic jerries and being very careful about water, snow or ice contamination. Still... While TS-ing I found the intake end of the uplift hose in the tank iced right up. I had seen this before but only in my ice-careless years and so had forgotten it too. I have NO idea where this ice comes from! I cleaned it out and resumed ops. So, what would/should be the proper PREVENTIVE measure, heating the tank fuel (bit of a fire hazzard)? Or maybe a selector valve and and alternate uplift pipe/hose as selecting this would immediately isolate the cause as well as permit continued ops without immediate maintenance).

Replies0

No replies yet.