Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel Tank Sender

LN Pipeline · 2022-06-09 01:51

Fuel sender is on an older Tesmec trencher. Original sender was an ISSPRO #9605104. Can’t get another for at least 3-4 months. Does anyone happen to know of another sender that would work? Sender mounts on the side of the tank, towards the bottom. Supply voltage is 12V, resistance shows 21-24 when empty, 190 when full.

Replies2
  1. #1funwithfuel2022-06-09 06:51

    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...WhHIzjx6i26yV--NFVqR_ghpybmDwDtRoCglEQAvD_BwE How about something like this. Resistance values are similar to yours and can be adjusted to suit your needs? Are you saying you have a 12 volt system or that you have 12v at the sender ? You should only have 4.5-5 volts. Anything more says your gauge has failed or your shorted hot.

  2. #2LN Pipeline2022-06-09 22:21

    I have 12 volts at the sender. Sounds like I have a bad gauge. Thank you. One of the senders is bad for sure. I’ll do some more looking.