After reading a post about what happened on a job I thought it would be funny to hear some stories. About what happened to you. I will tell on myself 1st I hauled top soil for a company, I went to my address the man had back around his home and into his garden area he wanted it dumped in the middle of garden so he could spread the dirt all directions. As I backed into the area the soil was soft so I hit the gas a little and then the unthinkable happened . The truck fell into an old made septic tannk I had to crawl out the side window over the hood to get out. What a stinking mess. It took 2 cranes to lift the truck out of the tank. The owner had city sewer and had no idea the tank was in his yard. I did get to sell him 15 loads of dirt to fill that hole in his yard.
Guessing this will get moved to the general area or somthing, btw. I watched the same thing happen to a tandem load of rock on a job we were installing a new sewer on, had just had the old tank pumped and filled in, as the truck was backing up the back end dropped out of site in the 2nd dry well no one knew about. We were able to get it out with the excavator and skidsteer, no fun though.