I have a 2012 930K cat loader which we hooked up a fusion coupler to. The switch will lock the coupler, but I have to roll the auxiliary hydraulic button to unlock the blocks for disconnect. It should all function through the switch. Somewhere there must be a hydraulic bleed thru. We recently had a lot of hoses replaced, so I wouldn't rule a hose in the wrong place. If anyone has been in this predicament before, the cure would sure be appreciated. CAT RHN00805 Thanks Mike
Did it start playing up before or after you had the hoses replaced..?
The hoses were replaced first. We installed a new Fusion coupler on it a few days ago. The 930K probably has never had a fusion coupler installed on it before. I here I have to get a Cat field service out there with ET to program the ECU so it knows its been installed. Thats not what I wanted to here. Hope that expense is really the problem. I checked the solenoid resistance on the valve block. Extend and retract were both at 47.5 at 50 degrees outside. Continuity to the switch was good. I removed the valves from the block, and made sure they weren't clogged. The switch would extend the wedges, but won't retract them. When I switch the wires on the solenoids, the switch will retract, but not extend. That would tell me that the valves are working. Maybe it is the ECM program. I hope it fixes it.
It also says that the hydraulics are working properly with the right electrical signals. I'm not sure that those signals go through the ECM but Nige will correct me if I am wrong here. One solenoid should be for extension, the other for retraction. It sounds as though the signal from your switch to the solenoid valve isn't transferring the power needed.
I'm wondering out loud if the Fusion Coupler was intended to go on a different model of machine, and whether or not some electrical signals are getting "cross-threaded" in the wiring side because as Vetech points out if you supply the correct signals to it then the hydraulics work fine.
It is starting to sound more like a wiring issue. IMHO
well... Cat was correct again. A quick ten minute visit and ET set the ECM to except the fusion coupler and BOOM... works perfectly. Seems like they could have made that step programmable by the owner. I guess thats how they make money. Cat tech said signals to the ECM will excite all Aux hydraulics unless the ECM knows there is a separate switch for the coupler. No circuit boards anymore, just programs. Thanks all. Hope this helps the next guy.