Hi there, I'm absolutley thrilled to have found this site! I was searching google images for pics of some machinery a while back, and I found myself here... I'm fairly new to the earthmoving industry. I got a start as a drainage labourer for Henry Walker Eltin back in '04. I had been a yard supervisor at a galvanizing plant for over 2 years. I was earning twice as much as a labourer in civil construction! Soon after I was stringing on a highway job in Perth. From there I got on to rollers and telehandlers. I wasn't until early last year I hassled a supervisor to give me a go on D8N. Much to everyone's suprise (including me) I turned out to be a "natural" I was pushing out dump truck loads and ripping and mixing for scrapers. Having proven I was productive on gear other than rollers and watercarts, I got a 966G with less than 2000 hours on the clock to load D350's. This machine was great! Auto greasing, cd player air ride seat! Now I'm operating a 966E for a small contractor. We're on a massive gold mine expansion project in Boddington Western Australia. So to cut it short, thanks to being in the right place at the right time and some great bosses I'm enjoying the fruits of the mining and construction boom here in Western Australia! Hence BoomRider... I'm looking forward to sharing experiences and learning heaps here. I'm hoping to be able to carve out a career in civil construction earthworks. Regards :waving
Let me be the first to welcome you on this ride.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums!!:drinkup You guys from down under are certainly having a significant showing here at the Board!
Welcome to HEF BoomRider! :drinkup
Thanks for the warm welcome! Good to hear there's a few Aussies around! Cheers! :drinkup
But we get no credit whatsoever for being able to drive our machines upside down without falling off the world ointhead
Yeah, well, flies can land on the ceiling and nobody makes a big deal out of that... :bouncegri
Yeah, well a can of bug spray'll get rid of the fly's, Us Aussies stick around like poo on a blanket, it's pretty hard to get rid of us!!!:yup
We never grew up. We just all got bigger Tonka Toys.
hi boomrider hi i just found this forum as well having been lookin for ages im in scotland at the moment but hope to be over in perth next yr workin in the mines .cheers keily ..