Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

G’day everyone

Scott's komatsu · 2022-01-11 13:46

Gday to everyone, originally from Australia and now working in Michigan. Hoping someone can help me out with some specs on an S6D95L-1 komatsu engine out of an PC200-5. Currently rebuilding the engine and the deck has been machined twice. I'm hoping someone would know the piston to deck measurements? Also the piston to valve clearance? I've downloaded a manual which has everything besides these 2 specs and I've contacted places here and back home without any success as yet. Thank you for any and all help.

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612022-01-12 05:38

    Welcome to HEF Scott !

  2. #2funwithfuel2022-01-12 06:42

    Welcome to the show.

  3. #3Coaldust2022-01-12 16:19

    Welcome to the HEF. Don’t have an answer for you, but I’ll say the 95 series Komatsu engines are awesome.

  4. #4Scott's komatsu2022-01-12 19:22

    Thanks for the welcomings, gotta say they're a tough little engine for sure!

  5. #5CM19952022-01-12 20:11

    Welcome to the Forums Scott!

  6. #6Nige2022-01-13 16:00

    Welcome Scott, John C might well be your man, or at least be able to point you in the right direction. Try posting a new thread in the Excavator section would be my suggestion.

  7. #7John C.2022-01-14 10:55

    I think that what you want is the spec for the center of the crankshaft to the top of the block. The head should have a spec for thickness as well somewhere. Usually you have to figure out the measurements from something that makes little sense. If your book doesn't have it, I'll check mine a little later today. I'm surprised in that I've never seen a 95 engine ever need two rebuilds. People usually run them until they develop windows or there is nothing left of the machine that they are installed in.

  8. #8John C.2022-01-15 13:32

    I managed to dig out my old 95 book. It does not show a deck height. I'm going to guess that your are going to have to figure that out by measuring the distance from the center of the crank to the top of the deck and compare it against a piston and rod and then figure what you have. I do remember running into that in the past on a 125 block where at high idle with a high load we actually got noise from the pistons touching the head when the engine was running. I don't think you have much to work with. There are specs in the book for the head and valve dimensions but nothing for piston clearance on the valves.