Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

G’Day from Australia

Reccymech ยท 2013-04-16 18:09

HI guys (& gals). I'm from Australia, been working, and still working in the mining industry for 15 years. Before that in the oil & gas industry working in various 'developing' nations around the globe. I'm a Fitter by trade, what you Americans call a mechanic (or technician), although off the tools now and a OEM Tech Rep to BHP Iron Ore. Currently on a Fly In - Fly Out (FIFO) roster to Whaleback Minesite in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. Anyway, cheers & beers

Replies3
  1. #1CM19952013-04-16 18:25

    Welcome to the Forums Reccymech!:drinkup We have a lot of folks from down Under here on HEF, you'll feel right at home.

  2. #2rare ss2013-04-19 08:33

    alotta guys from the Pilbara on here mate, welcome along

  3. #3Reccymech2016-11-21 14:52

    Re-Introduction Hi guys...again, been awhile, sooooo, I thought I better re-acquaint myself with the forum. Just got back on 'the tools', after being a Supervisor for awhile. Yeah, bit of a change, but, less stress. Now a case of 'all care, no responsibility'. Working still in the mines in WA, fly in - fly out role.