Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Galion 125 Rotary Distributor Help

Al S ยท 2019-08-31 18:13

I have a Galion 125 serial # C-125-DH-3944. There was a lot of water in the hydraulic system so I'm working on that. Doesnt appear to be too bad. I have a leak from the top cap of the rotary hydraulic distributor. It's not terrible so I waffled over getting into it. However, I've got it under cover and figure it will just get worse so I really want to pull it. Can anybody give me some advice how to approach this? It looks like the unit is bolted to the frame with 4 bolts. If I'm correct, I should just unbolt and take the whole unit out. Thanks Al

Replies1
  1. #1HATCHEQUIP2019-09-04 18:49

    on a 150 I don't remember on the swivel but I remember several times over the years pulling the control valve underneath that the control cables hook to, when it starts leaking into the cables and runs thru the cables and starts leaking on your boots. wasn't a favorite job..